Monday, January 30, 2006

What am I doing here?

Happy New Year!

I have a couple goals with this blog:

The most basic goal is to raise awareness of my feature film Tweek City and the website www.tweekcity.com. I've learned a lot over the course of my filmmaking journey and I will post lessons I've learned and new lessons as I learn them. The filmmaking and distribution paradigm is in flux and everything is changing on a monthly, if not daily, basis. I'm more-or-less being forced to

find my own way, so if you have a film your trying to get together and ultimately distribute, maybe you can learn from my experience.

I'm also a published writer who likes to offer my observations on the absurdity of the human condition. However, magazine opportunities come few and far between so, for better or for worse, I'll start using this forum to get more ideas out of my brain and into cyberspace.

I'll probably make the first few posts articles that were previously published in Kulture Mutt Magazine. They're a fun read, if I do say so myself (and I do).

As far as this post goes, I'll simply start things off by reprinting the newsletter I recently sent out to the Tweek City stalwarts....

A few highlights for 2006 (7 to be exact):

1) The Tweek City trailer is currently posted on ifilm. When you have a moment, check it out, rate the trailer and leave a comment. ifilm's homepage gets tens of thousands of hits per day so this is a HUGE step towards the grassroots groundswell I hope to develop for Tweek City in the coming year.

2) On that note, if you post to message boards, have a profile on myspace, tribe, etc. or have your own site and you're excited about this film, please help me spread the word! I'll gladly exchange links and/or provide you with content. As a matter of fact, I will be posting a special "links" section on the site extremely soon which, among other things, will give you links to the homepage of each band featured in Tweek City.

3) The DVD release is back in motion. It should be available, exclusively through the Tweek City website, by April 1st.

This DVD will include:

- 16x9 Presentation
- Stereo & 5.1 Mix
- The Trailer
- Audio Commentary with the yours truly
- Scene Selection

4) There will be a DVD Release Party & Screening, perhaps in both SF & LA. More details on this event as the date draws closer.

5) Due to demand, we have just placed a new order for Tweek City Messenger Bags - get one while supplies last. We'll also have a new black t-shirt style shortly.

6) The entire Tweek City website will undergo a total overhaul. The new site will allow me to make updates much more often and will allow for much more interaction in general. Features you can expect to see in the coming months:

- The Tweek City store will expand to include merchandise of all kinds. Of course the Tweek City DVD and, hopefully, a soundtrack will be made available, but also movies, music and merch from other like-minded artists, including, but not limited to, those involved with Tweek City.

- Message boards, blogs, links and comment fields: I would like to see tweekcity.com grow to become a marketplace and blogosphere for outsider artists and enthusiasts who simply want to share their passion for what they love.

- Deleted scenes, behind the scenes footage, interviews and Tweek City music, including a song by Giuseppe, inspired by the script, that he performed on set.

7) I still hope to play at independent theaters in cities throughout the U.S and, eventually, Europe. There will definitely be a San Francisco premiere in the next couple months. If you know a cool theater or space in your area, contact me and I'll try to book a screening in your city.

Thanks for reading the longest TC update yet on record!

Cheers,

Eric

http://www.tweekcity.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home